Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy

I haven't been in this space in quite awhile...I have been trying to calm my life down, get back into a rythmn and figure out how to do it all in a week. I love love love my job and pinch myself every day to remind myself that it is real. I still get queasy when I read about unemployment in S.C. and how at a moment's notice, your life can change and you can be thrown into a washing machine drum of unemployment, rejection, panic, and helplessness. I see people who are smart, dedicated, ethical, loyal that are now trying to portray themselves to an employer who only knows them as one of 200+ applicants for a job that may not even be the best fit, but it would pay a salary so they can provide for the family. I am just a little panicky right now writing this because I remember how one person can change your life without you ever having control over the event at all.
I am so very happy and excited to be working with a group of people so dedicated to the good of my city and have met some awesome people on this new journey. I feel so confident, and so needed, and so very fortunate. I need to constantly remind myself I am worthy of the assignment, I am capable of the job, I am now doing more than just a job - I am living a whole new life wherein I can make a difference for years to come and bring this wonderful, spectaculoar city front and center to anyone who would contemplate moving here and being a part of us. You just cannot even imagine how wonderful this city is until you see it also behind the scenes and you look back and say, yes, this is why this city is so damn wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment