Monday, February 9, 2009

Transition shift

My transition has now shifted..I have gone from standing in the unemployment line, facing eviction, facing moving in with friends, not knowing whether I would ever find a job ever again, to someone who is employed again. And employed doing my dream job and loving every second of it. Now my transition is transitioning from what I have been doing for 30 years to something I always knew I could do, have always wanted to do, and finding my confidence and footing to do it. I have been so lucky to find a great group of people to work with and I am so excited about learning all these new things. I still feel panicky at night, alone, with my thoughts, remembering what my life was like a few weeks ago and I try to not go there. I need to focus on my new direction but when I do, I feel guilty about all the others still struggling to find their direction and not being in total control over their direction decisions. I hope for all of you out there, who are struggling to find employment so you can provide for families and for yourself, that your new direction is shown to you very soon and that you have the support of family and good friends as I did through my unemployment journey. You will need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment